- Was born in 25.3.1843 in Nová Paka.
- A famous czech carver, a continuer of family carving tradition, who made a name for carving of “marionettes of Paka“.
- He passed the university of the plastic arts in Prague.
- During his studies he came into contact with czech famous artist Neruda, Hálek, Náprstek, Heller and so on. He cooperated with father Antonín Sucharda sen. in a family workshop for stonemason and carving work in Nová Paka.
- They made various monuments, tombstones, church props, benches and collections of marionettes.
- His stonemason work set the nature of many towns in area of Podkrkonoší.
- In 1911 he exhibited his work at the first puppet exhibition in Prague.
- His puppets had an opening mouth and a moving eyes.
- His favourite figures were folk people, he was an exellent creator of devils.
- He made puppets for a strolling puppet master family Maizner.
- He had 8 chidren, the most of them inherited an art talent.
- His son Vojtěch was a founder of puppet theatre Říše loutek.
- Antonín Sucharda died in 21.9.1911 in Nová Paka.
Random marionettes from this author
No marionettes from this author were found.